Better than Sex Cake
Table of Contents
Better than Sex Cake is the ultimate cake, with rich chocolate cake, topped with sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, Cool Whip, and crushed Heath bars. This irresistible dessert is a sweet, moist cake, that is always a crowd-pleaser.
If you’re looking for more amazing poke cake recipes, you’ll want to make turtle poke cake, Boston Cream Poke Cake, and Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake.
Better than Sex Cake Recipe Ingredients
You will need:
- Devil’s Food Chocolate cake mix plus ingredients listed on the cake box
- 1 14- ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 16- ounce jar caramel sauce
- 1 8- ounce tub of Cool Whip
- 4 Heath bars chopped
Substitutions and Additions
CAKE MIX: Try making this with a different type of chocolate cake mix such as German chocolate cake instead of devil’s food cake mix. Or, when you mix the cake, only use two eggs and add a half-cup of whiskey.
SAUCE: Substitute hot fudge topping for the caramel sauce.
TOPPINGS: There are lots of sweet nothings that can be added to the top of the cake: chocolate chips, Reese’s peanut butter cups, Skor bars, Butterfingers, Snickers, Oreos, heath toffee bits.
WHIPPED CREAM: You can either use a whipped topping such as Cool Whip or make your own homemade fresh whipped cream using our recipe found here.
How To Make This Better Than Sex Cake Recipe
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9×13 dish by spraying with nonstick spray.
STEP TWO: Make the cake according to the package directions for a 9×13 cake.
STEP THREE: When the cake is done baking use the round handle end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all throughout the cake.
PRO TIP: It’s best to make the holes in the cake while it is still slightly warm because as it cools, the crust on top of the cake will crumble more easily.
STEP FOUR: Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake and spread it out.
PRO TIP: When you’re pouring the cream into the holes, tap the pan on the counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles and make sure the cream fills the holes completely.
STEP FIVE: Then pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cake and spread it out.
STEP SIX: Refrigerate the cake for at least two hours.
STEP SEVEN: Spread the Cool Whip on top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped Heath bars.
How to Serve
So easy to make, but also utterly decadent, better than sex cake is perfect for serving at a special occasion like a birthday party or holiday gathering, but also simple enough to enjoy for no reason other than wanting a fabulous dessert. A true crowd-pleaser, you could serve your cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an even more indulgent treat.
IN THE FRIDGE: If have any leftovers of this cake, you’ll want to store it covered in plastic wrap in the fridge until you’re ready to serve again.
IN THE FREEZER: You can also freeze this better than sex cake recipe. Tightly cover with plastic wrap and then cover with aluminum foil for up to 3 months. Allow the cake to thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Better Than Sex Cake is irresistibly made with just a few simple ingredients including a chocolate cake mix. It’s no wonder this sweet cake is also known as Better Than Anything Cake and Better Than Best Cake. With sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, and whipped topping all covering the top of this cake, not to mention the chopped Heath candy bars, Better Than Sex Cake is a moist, decadent cake, that everyone will enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this cake a day ahead?
You can make this delicious cake a day ahead and then add Cool Whip when you’re ready to serve.
Can I use a white or yellow cake mix instead of chocolate cake?
You can use whichever flavor of cake mix you prefer.
What do you use to poke holes in poke cake?
The end of a wooden spoon is the best size to poke holes in the cake.
What is a poke cake?
It’s an easy cake that generally starts with a box mix that you poke holes into while it’s still hot after baking. The holes are then filled with a liquid or filling — like condensed milk, pureed fruit, chocolate cream, or pudding. It makes a moist and delicious cake.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Better than Sex Cake
- 1 box Devil’s Food Chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients listed on the cake box
- 14 ounces condensed milk, sweetened
- 16 ounces caramel sauce
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 4 Heath bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9×13 dish by spraying with nonstick spray.
- Make the cake according to the package directions for a 9×13 cake.
- When the cake is done baking use the round handle end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all throughout the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Then pour the caramel sauce over the top of the cake and spread it out.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least two hours.
- Spread the cool whip on top of the cooled cake and sprinkle with chopped Heath bars.
- It’s best to make the holes in the cake while it is still slightly warm because as it cools, the crust on top of the cake will crumble more easily.
- When you’re pouring the cream into the holes, tap the pan on the counter a few times to get rid of any air bubbles and make sure the cream fills the holes completely.
Leave a Comment