Heaven on Earth Cake
Light and creamy, Heaven on Earth Cake is a no-bake dessert made with moist angel food cake, cherry pie filling, creamy vanilla pudding, and whipped topping.
- 1 angel food cake, a pre-made cake or bake a boxed angel food cake mix & let it cool
- 18 ounces cherry pie filling (540 milliliters)
- 3.6 ounces vanilla pudding mix (102 grams)
- 1 ½ cups 2% milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Sliced almonds, optional garnish
Cut the cooled angel food cake into cubes about 1” in size.
Layer half of the cake pieces evenly in the bottom of a 9x9 cake pan (metal or glass).
Spread ⅔ of the cherry pie filling evenly over the cake.
Layer the last half of the cake cubes over the cherry pie filling.
In a medium bowl, stir together the pudding mix, milk and sour cream until smooth (about 2 minutes). Spread evenly over the top of the cake.
Spread the Cool Whip evenly over top of the pudding layer. Drop and spread the rest of the cherry pie filling over the top.
Place in the fridge and let chill 4 to 5 hours before serving.
Sprinkle slivered almonds on top of the cake before you serve it (optional)
- If you are baking the cake yourself for this recipe, make sure to let it cool fully before cutting it so that it doesn’t make the other ingredients too warm.
- The best knife to use when cutting angel food cake is one with a serrated blade, it will cut the cake easier, and you won’t lose the airy, fluffy texture of the cake.
- If you have a trifle bowl and are serving this at a potluck, the trifle bowl would show the fancy layers of this dessert even better.
- This cake needs at least 4 to 5 hours in the fridge so it can soak up all of the flavors. Overnight is even better.