Fruity Pebbles Treats
Fruity Pebbles treats are the perfect combination of crispy and gooey. A fruity twist on a classic, this colorful treat is easy to make with just three ingredients.
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
Prepare a 9x13 pan by rubbing the bottom and sides with butter. This can be easily done by using one end of a stick of butter. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add marshmallows, stirring until melted.
Remove the pan from the heat and immediately pour the cereal into the pan on top of the melted marshmallows. Stir as quickly as possible until well combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Dampen the flat of your fingers with cool water and use these to evenly spread the mixture into the pan, packing it down.
Let the treats sit for at least 30 minutes before cutting them into squares.
- You can also melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave. Take a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir then repeat 2 to 3 times in 30-second increments until everything is melted. Combine with the cereal in a large bowl.
- If you don’t want the melted marshmallows mixture sticking to your hands, take some wax paper and press down on the mixture by hand with the wax paper in between.
- Make sure you don’t over-compress the gooey fruity pebbles mixture into the bowl, or the bars will end up being really hard to eat.