Blueberry Angel Food Cake
Blueberry Angel Food Cake is the perfect blend of sweet and tart. This refreshing no-bake cake combines blueberries and Angel Food Cake for a yummy new dessert.
- 1 angel food cake a pre-made cake, bake a boxed angel food cake mix and let it cool
- 21 ounces blueberry pie filling
- 1 4-serving instant vanilla pudding mix, 102 grams, 3.6 ounces
- 1 ½ cups milk 2%
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
Cut the cooled angel food cake into cubes about 1 inch in size.
Layer half of the cake pieces evenly on the bottom of a 9x9 cake pan (metal or glass).
Spread ⅔ of the blueberry pie filling evenly over the cake.
Layer the last half of the cake cubes over the blueberry pie filling.
In a medium bowl stir together the pudding mix, milk, and sour cream until smooth (about 2 minutes). Spread evenly over the top of the cake.
Spread the Cool Whip evenly over top of the pudding layer. Drop and spread the rest of the blueberry pie filling over the top.
Place in the fridge and let chill for 4 to 5 hours before serving.
- If you are baking the cake yourself for this recipe, make sure to let it cool fully before cutting it so that it doesn’t make the other ingredients too warm.
- The best knife to use when cutting angel food cake is one with a serrated blade, it will cut the cake easier, and you won’t lose the airy, fluffy texture of the cake.
- If you have a trifle bowl and are serving this at a potluck, the trifle bowl would show the fancy layers of this dessert even better.
- This cake needs at least 4 to 5 hours in the fridge so it can soak up all of the flavors. Overnight is even better.