Ooey Gooey Chocolate Brownies
Ooey Gooey Chocolate Brownies are fudgy, moist, and perfect for every occasion, or no occasion at all. These egg white brownies are delightfully rich and chewy.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup egg whites, well shaken
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
In another bowl whisk sugar, liquid egg whites, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until creamy.
Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
Pour mixture into a greased 8-inch square pan.
Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm to the touch. Do not over-bake.
Cool and cut into squares.
- If you are separating the eggs yourself, the easiest way to separate egg whites from egg yolks is to crack the egg into your hand over a small bowl. Hold the yolk in your hand while letting the white run through your fingers.
- Lining the pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil will allow you to lift the entire baked brownies out of the pan for easier cutting once cooled. You can also grease the pan instead if you would prefer.
- Make sure not to overbake these. You want the insides to be slightly gooey and the outsides firm.
- It is essential that the brownies are completely cooled before slicing. Brownies will crumble if they are too warm when cut.