Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are soft, cake-like cookies, that will satisfy your sweet tooth with the delicious combination of pumpkin and chocolate chips.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
Combine all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and mix.
In a separate large bowl add all wet ingredients: egg, vanilla, pumpkin, and oil. Mix until well combined.
Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Let batter sit for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Scoop cookies about two tablespoon size onto a greased baking sheet.
Lightly wet the tips of your fingers to pat down the cookie batter, then carefully place 3-4 extra chocolate chips on the tops of the cookies before baking to make them look prettier.
Bake for 10 minutes (time may vary with different ovens).
- Watch out when you are at the grocery store that you buy pure pumpkin puree and not canned pumpkin pie filling.
- Make sure not to overmix the dough or your cookies will flatten out too much.
- Use a layer of parchment paper for easier clean-up instead of just greasing the pan.
- Make sure not to underbake your cookies or they will come out raw in the middle. Overbaking will result in cookies that are not soft.