No-Bake Lemon Pie
No-bake Lemon Cream Pie is creamy, sweet, and tart, with layers of a graham cracker crust, a zesty lemon filling, and a light whipped cream topping.
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 6.8 ounces instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 cups whole or 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 8 ounces whipped topping, Cool Whip
Place the butter in an 8x8 square glass baking dish and microwave for 30 to 45 seconds to melt butter.
Add the graham cracker crumbs and sugar directly into the baking dish and mix with the melted butter to combine.
Press the graham cracker mixture evenly across the bottom of the baking dish and place in the freezer to firm up while preparing pudding.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the contents of the pudding packages, milk and lemon zest. Continue whisking until the pudding thickens.
Scoop 1 cup of pudding from the mixing bowl and spread it evenly over the chilled graham cracker crust.
Fold ½ of the container of whipped topping (4 ounces) into the remaining pudding in the mixing bowl. Spread this layer of pudding/whipped topping evenly over the pudding layer in the baking dish.
Gently scoop the remaining whipped topping into the baking dish and spread evenly. Be careful not to mix into the layers below.
Chill the lemon pie in the refrigerator or freezer until set. Top with lemon zest and serve.
- If you don’t have an 8x8 square pan, you can make this a round dessert using a round 9-inch cake pan.
- For this recipe, it is better to overmix rather than undermix to ensure that all of the pudding has dissolved.
- Chilling this dessert overnight will make it easier to cut and give it a thicker consistency.